Signing documents digitally
OwnersRoom supports digital signing of PDF-documents uploaded to the Documents module. The service is based on the e-sign technology of Scrive™ which is a tested and secure digital signature provider. The signed documents are legally binding according to global contract law.
Common use cases
- General meeting minutes
- Annual accounts
- Fundraising documents
- Shareholders agreement
- Board meeting minutes
Start the signing process
Digital signing is available from the Documents module. To sign a PDF-document, follow these steps:
- Upload a PDF to a folder within Documents
- Click the three dots-button to the right of the document name and select “Sign Document” from the drop-down menu (see the image above).
- Select signatories from the list (includes all members and invited contacts). Remember to add yourself if you are to sign the document.
- Decide whether to require BankID-authentication (Norway only), for all or specific signatories, and add a message for the recipients.
- Hit ‘send for signature’ and let the system collect the signatures. When all signatures are collected; the final, signed document is sent back to you and all signatories.
How to sign a document
Having sent the document for singing, the signatories will
- Receive an email (from Scrive) with a link to the document-viewer.
- Click the “sign” button found in the document viewer (and if required by the sender: authenticate using BankID)
- The finalized, signed document will be emailed to the signatories and the initiator.
Keep track of the status
As soon as a document is sent for signature, admins can track the progress through a status page.
- After sending a document out for signature, the document will be moved to a separate card while pending completion. This will only be visible for company admins.
- In order to check the status for all the signatories, click the “view status” button on the right side of the row of the given document. This will allow you to see who has received, opened, and signed the document.
- If necessary, you can also send reminders or withdraw the document from the status page. Reminders will only be sent to those who have not yet signed the document while withdrawing the signature request will remove the existing signatures on the document.
- The digital signing process accepts PDF-files, only.
- Signing parties needs to be invited to, or a registered member of, the company’s OwnersRoom.
- The original and unsigned document uploaded to OwnersRoom will be replaced by the newly signed document after the process is completed.
- Documents for signing will be sent from email@example.com, and will include the name of the company it is sent from.
- The email to signing parties includes the name of the document, the sending company, and a message from the sender. It does not include the name or email address of the specific user sending the document.